Sewing Vloggers

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Attitude of Gratitude

I have been gifted with the Attitude of Gratitude award from Laurie Anderson of Sewandso. Laurie is a computer whiz extraordinaire, entrepreneur, and one of the fabulous designers for Sew Beautiful magazine. What really sets Laurie apart, however, is her 'Threads of Love". She and her group make exquisite, tiny heirloom garments for infants who never make it home from the hospital. Their parents get to see them dressed in probably the only beautiful garment they will ever get to wear. They are bequeathed that lovely precious memory of their angel thanks to Laurie's efforts. I applaud her and thank her for thinking of me in granting this award.

The Rules of Accepting and Sharing this Award

1. Put the logo on your blog or post.

2. Nominate at least 10 blogs that show an attitude of gratitude.

3. Link to your nominees within your post.

4. Comment on their blogs to let them know they've received this award.

5. Share the love and link to this post and the person who nominated you for the award.



Martha is an incredibly skilled heirloom sewer and her perfection just inspirational. You can find her at http://southernmatriarch.blogspot.com/

Nonie at http://everythingsewingnet.blogspot.com/ Nonie has a huge heart and shares her wonderful forum, Everything Sewing to so many, new and experienced alike.

Sherrill at http://sewingsaga.blogspot.com/ I never cease to be inspired by Sherrill's persistance and determination to get a perfectly fitting garment. She is brave and generous.

Sivje at http://goosegirlsews.blogspot.com/ who is a mom dealing with life with a teen and a 5 yr old all while sewing for her family beautifully.


There are so many more but these are three of my favorites. I could go on and on. Just know that I AM THANKFUL FOR ALL OF YOU!

____________________________________________________________________

ETA: Had an interruption previously!

I would also like to thank all of you for your great comments on my hemline, shoes, et al. They were greatly appreciated. I am going with the medium hem and think I might get something gold and strappy for a shoe. We shall see. I really value all of your opinions........Bunny

1 comment:

  1. Laurie, and those like her, are very special people to sew such garments. How sad. That makes it even more important to say Happy Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete

Engaging commentary:

Had to Refurbish This One!

    About  6 or 7 years ago , during the dawn of the Zipper Trend,  I bought one of my rare retail items. It was a blush pink and black bord...